Jane Austen's Bath

Jane Austen  has enjoyed new popularity in recent years and a highlight of our recent trip to the UK was a 4 night stay in Bath. 

Peter and me outside the Jane Austen Centre

While there, we did a walking tour organised by the Jane Austen Centre and it was wonderful to be able to see some of the buildings and places mentioned in her books.  Our very enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide, Dickon, made us feel as if we were walking in her footsteps.
Royal Crescent, Bath

Pulteney Bridge, Bath

There have been many movies and television series made with different interpretations of her novels and I enjoy watching them all.  I particularly like doing some applique or hand piecing while they play.

I couldn't resist purchasing a few thimbles and a trinket box while there to add to the collection.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Jenny said…
Hi Frances

We have been to Bath twice and I am sorry to say that we didn't know about this musuem. I did go to the American Quilt Musuem on the hill, and to Sally Lunn's of course, for lunch.

Jenny from New Zealand

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks