New Portable Project

After working on the English Paper Piecing pin cushion project for the "Christmas in July" morning I have really caught the bug for this easy form of hand piecing.  I wanted a new portable project and had a collection of contemporary print fabrics that I have been keen to use for some time so I have chosen the "Pies and Tarts" quilt project by Sue Daley Designs to meet this need.

Today I have been busy cutting segments which I have colour coordinated and placed in small snap lock bags with the paper pieces ready for glue basting.

I then used a glue pen to baste all the segments for a block ready for stitching-


After the pieces are stitched I will carefully peel back the seam allowances on the fabric and remove the papers ready for the next lot of blocks.  The pies will be appliqued on to  background squares - at the moment I am thinking of using a variety of yellows which is a favourite colour.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Anonymous said…
How yummy these look Frances! And fun to do!
Shirley said…
They look gorgeous Frances and just my thing. I love my hand sewing and take some with me wherever I go. Can't wait to see that one finished.
Shirley.
Janet said…
Your fabrics look lovely for the Pies and Tarts, that's one project I'd like to get on with.
FIONA said…
You have inspired me to get along with my Pie and Tarts quilt - I have put it to one side for the moment because there is so much other stuff to do! It looks lovely!
trish said…
What a great idea! I am new to paper piecing (creating my first hexagon quilt) and did not know they came in different shapes. May I ask where you found your circles? Oh they are so cute!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia
Linda said…
Frances, lovely fabrics for this project. Have had fun reading your posts below too, gorgeous pictures. What a beautiful part of the world you call home. Thank you for the 'glue clue'. I was still thinking in terms of hand basting, how out of touch am I!!!!!!
Julia said…
Hi Frances..lovely to meet you via our blogs.
I have been wanting to do a pie and tarts quilt...I love your fabrics and I may have to break out of my comfort zone and think about the more contemporary print fabrics..thank you for the inspiration.
Julia ♥
Stitches said…
Frances, I really like how you are doing your triangles with the glue pen but when you release the glue after stitching, doesn't it tear the paper template? I am wanting an easier way to do this than basting on the paper.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks