Pottering about


In between recovering from a bout of flu and teaching the odd class I have just figured out that I have actually done some work on 7 different projects over the last 10 days or so.  I have been working on a log cabin block project, designed and started cutting for a new wall quilt and have been doing lots of hand stitching however the only finish I have had is this delightful little Sweet Treat Bag from the Moda boxed kit.  This little bag is a shop sample and has been on my "To Do" list for far too long and if I had realised how quick and easy it was then it would have been made a lot sooner.


I have been working on the Pies & Tarts quilt and have been busy preparing and stitching a few of these.

In a mad moment I decided to do some work on a very long time UFO and resurrected my Double Wedding Ring project and made a little progress on it.

In between these I had made a little progress on two other large projects that I am enjoying hand piecing, one of which is now ready for assembly.  It is fun sometimes to just potter about and work a little on whatever takes my fancy but next week it will be time to settle down and tackle the "must do" list.

Till next time
Frances



Comments

Susan said…
I agree- sometimes its best to take little tastes from the smorgasbord, rather than eating only sweets! The bag is lovely!
Jenny said…
I'm a bit like that, I flit from one project to another without actually finishing anything!
Shirley said…
Hope you are feeling recovered now from your flu Frances. I have so many projects like that where I work on them just very occasionally but eventually you do get to a point where it all comes together. Nice to see the pies and tarts again.
Jen said…
The finished Sweet Treat Bag is pretty.I think it is more fun having a few things on the go. They all get finished in time. Although I can not ever imagine
having no UFO's around!!
LuAnn said…
I think sometimes we just need to do something that looks like fun to us instead of what we have to do. I just love your Pies and Tarts blocks. I want to do that one sometime, too. You have some beautiful projects in the works!
Linda said…
The Sweet Treat Bag is so cute. The colours and fabrics are soft and gentle. Love your pies and tarts too. I can see we would get along really well with fabric choices, as yellow in many shades seems to find it's way into your work, cool......

I do hope you are feeling much better, and so sorry to hear you'd been ill. Do try to take it easy a little. I think the bit of 'everywhere' stitching is good for you sometimes.
Margaret said…
Good to see you waiting a U.F.O. I didn't know I had so many until I looked in a basket, enough said .
Sue said…
Hope you are feeling better soon. Love the Pies & Tarts blocks. Must get on and do some more of mine. The Double Wedding Ring looks lovely.
Radka said…
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well, Frances :(, but I hope you are on the way up :)
It doesn't hurt just to potter about sometimes, I do it all the time!
Joy V said…
Hope you get better soon Frances. I think it is good to change from one project to another at times.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project