Civil War Blocks

I have finally caught up with my blocks for the Civil War Quilt and here are blocks 37 to 45.  These blocks have been pieced by hand and machine and there is also some needleturn applique.
Here is a quick photo of all the blocks lined up together on my small design wall.  With only 8 blocks to go it is time to start thinking about how to set them all and Barbara Brackman has some great ideas over at Civil War Quilts .  At the moment I am think of straight sashing with cornerstones but I have been known to change my mind (at least once or twice).  I have really enjoyed being part of this stitchalong project.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Vivian said…
The CW blocks look wonderful. As much as I've enjoyed them, I work on mine only when nothing else gets under the presser foot first, and mine are too far behind to even comment on.
Your fabric selections look great together. It's an impressive group. Isn't it a wonderful feeling, being caught up?
susis quilts said…
dear frances,your blocks are so beautiful together,i don`t know yet ,how i will set them,have a nice rest of the week,susi
Shirley said…
I haven't regretted giving up on this project because I am getting so much pleasure from seeing your blocks come together. It is going to be such a wonderful quilt.
Myra said…
Your CW blocks are wonderful France! Awesome!
Good luck with deciding on how to set them! ;)
Susan said…
Your civil war blocks are looking great! It's nice to have the end in sight, I bet?!
Karen said…
I am still in awe at the amount of work involved in these blocks!
You must be feeling good knowing the end is in sight!
Linda said…
This project has been an interesting journey for you, as well as your readers. I am sure it will be a stunning quilt in the end. I like the denim blue in your blocks, and that deep cherry red. It must be great knowing you are on the home straight.
straythreads said…
Your blocks are beautiful together. love your blog
ann
Maureen said…
Love seeing all the blocks at once. This will be a fabulous quilt no matter how you decide to set them. Good for you for keeping up with the BOW!
Radka said…
It is looking great, Frances!!! What a lot of work!
Lisa said…
Frances, the blocks look wonderful altogether like that. I'm so far behind I have given up.
Joy V said…
The blocks look great Frances, unfortunately I haven't kept up with it. But I have copied all the postings and instructions, so hopefully will be able to finish some time...
Karen said…
Thank-you for coming to visit my blog.
I really love the colors you've chosen for you civil war blocks! They are beautiful. I am still quite a few behind yet. I too am beginning to think about how to finish the quilt. I haven't quite decided yet. I can't wait to see how you will finish them! :O)

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival