Gillian's Quilt

Recently the Sunday Stitchers were visited by Jenny's relative from New Zealand and she brought along this lovely quilt to share with us which won a ribbon in her stitching Guild's challenge.
Gillian's Challenge Quilt
This is the fabric selected for the challenge which needed to be included in the quilt and I think you will agree that Gillian was very creative in how she incorporated this lovely print.
 
Gillian came bearing gifts and gave each member of the Sunday Stitchers a lovely ring pin cushion and for me a special pin cushion with a New Zealand theme.  A great addition to my pin cushion collection which will be treasured.
 
 
Thank you for all the lovely comments and good wishes for my recovery and I hope to be back at the sewing machine very soon.
 
Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
What a fabulous quilt and the challenge fabric has been used to great effect. Love that fabric. What lovely thoughtful gifts.
Maureen said…
Glad to hear you are recovering well. Love Gillian's use of the rose fabric. Takes a good eye for that.
straythreads said…
she did use that fabric just right for the wings if the birds. Beautiful!!
Ann
Margaret said…
Couldn't be a better fabric to make a work of pure art. Quilters are amazing people.
Radka said…
Hallo Frances! I am sorry, but somehow I missed your last post, so I am reading only now about your operation (?). Whatever it was, I hope it went well and you are recovering well :-) It is good to see you in the blogland again!