"Flowers in the Sun"


A wall quilt that I designed and had much pleasure in hand piecing and machine quilting has been published as a project in the current issue of Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 21 No 11.
"Flowers in the Sun" by Frances Leate
By precutting all the pieces and placing them in little zip bags I was able to take this project with me and stitch at odd times on the go and I was surprised by how quickly all the blocks came together.  Hand piecing and blanket stitch applique are my favourites for portable stitching.
"Flowers in the Sun" AP&Q Vol 21 No 11
Till next time
Frances
 
 
 

Comments

Susan said…
Oooh! Pretty! Can we see some close ups of the flower blocks Frances?
Hi Frances
That is stunning!
Well done you!
Linda
Shirley said…
Beautiful, love the piecing and the colours.
straythreads said…
That is soooo gorgeous and to be published again!!!
Ann
Joy V said…
Beautiful Frances. Just love the colours.
Sue said…
Wow Frances that is so lovely. Yes a close up photo would be lovely. I'll have to look out for the mag.
Anonymous said…
What a beauty! Sure it will be a very popular project.
Linda said…
Gorgeous as alway Frances, and yellow of course!! Your magazine projects are popping up everywhere, such a busy lady. Take care.
Elle said…
What a great quilt!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project