WIPs
As the end of the first quarter of the year approaches we are very thankful in the Far North for a reasonably mild Summer unlike other parts of the country which have experienced floods, bush fires and heatwaves. We always expect our norther summers to be hot, wet and humid so it was good to be able to get out and enjoy some blue skies the other day to walk on the Esplanade.
Back in the studio I have been busy raiding my stash and scrap basket to make these blocks and have been having so much fun that I think I will make this quilt larger than first planned.
I have also caught the hexagon bug - it must be because of seeing all the lovely work Shirley has been creating over at Stitcherydo - and these will be incorporated into a new hand pieced and appliqued medallion design which I am currently working on.
Talking of medallion quilts, Lesleigh has been creating her own version of my new quilt, "To the Manor Born" and is doing a wonderful job. All Lesleigh's quilts are hand pieced and needleturn appliqued and never see a sewing machine or iron! I am still machine quilting my own quilt which has been put aside temporarily to meet a few deadlines.
Linda purchased a kit from Cairns Craft Centre for my "Mary Mary Quite Contrary" design and chose a navy fabric in place of the fuchsia which works very well with all the bright floral prints and now just has one more pieced border to go.
Till next time
Frances
Comments
I like the scrappy blocks you have been making - lovely range of fabrics and colours. How big do you think you will go?
Hope your lovely weather continues for you to enjoy.