Quilts, Blocks and mayhem

While it is still the calm before the storm, or I should say Cyclone Ita, I thought I would share some of the latest quilt happenings.

My third sister, Anne, has been having a very rough time healthwise of late so I made a quilt to celebrate her 70th birthday.  It is often difficult choosing colours for other people so I opted for somthing bright and cheerful and was pleased to hear from her and her daughter how delighted she was with her present.
"To Anne with Love" by Frances Leate
Meanwhile I am still keeping on track with Barbara's Brackman's BOM "Threads of Memory" and here is Block 3.  The next temptation is to start on her Jane Austen Album quilt.
"New Garden Star" Block 3, Threads of Memory
Pauline has now layered her version of my "Night Owl" quilt and I am looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

Currently it is still calm outside the studio with just the odd shower of rain and I am now just waiting for Peter to come home and batten down the courtyard and outside areas.  If "Ita" stays on track it will just be a bumpy night but we are keeping our eye on the hourly updates from the Bureau of Metereology.

Till next time
Frances


Comments

Susan said…
I hope the after effects of Ita were not too disruptive for you. (We flew out at 8.30pm!) I love the quilt for your sister- such pretty colours!
Dianne said…
Hope Ita doesn't cause Cairns too much damage. Wishing you well. The quilt will be sure to brighten your sister's days - beautiful.
Radka said…
I love the colours you chose for your sister's quilt. I wish her well :-)
Karen said…
Great quilt for your sister and I do like the BB block also. I know that Ita was down graded but it can still cause damage. Hope you are all okay.
Shirley said…
Hope you are weathering the storm Frances and it is not as bad as expected. Great works as always and wishing your sister well.
Nice job on your sisters quilt....
I am also a big Brackman fan, although I do not quilt she is a terrific historical source. Always so readable.
I was in NZ last month and we caught the tail end of cyclone Luci.....quite dramatic.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks