In and out of the studio

I am still having a lot of problems with my left wrist and hand and at times over the last couple of weeks have been trussed up in compression bandages to reduce the swelling. This has given me a lot of time to spend hand quilting on a commissioned quilt for future publication in AP&Q.


For distraction I have been indulging myself by playing and sorting out my growing thimble collection.  This has been time well spend and brought back memories of past travels and the many gifts received from dear friends.  I have also spent much time on the net researching the history behind some of the collection.

The thimbles now have a new home and it is wonderful to finally have most of them in one location.


I would also like to share this lovely dual purpose birthday quilt made by Shirley from West Australia who is a seasonal member of the Sunday Stitchers (Shirley and her husband, Tony, spend the winter months in Cairns).

Jenni has been busy strip piecing with jelly roles to make quilts for family members.



Peter has been sorting out the pots in the courtyard before the onslaught of our summer and what a wonderful show they make.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Susan said…
Best wishes for a speedier recovery- it seems to have been such a long time! You are being very patient! I'm not sure I would be so! Love the happy birthday quilt- so bright and fun!
Karen said…
What a shame your wrist is still giving you grief. I am pleased you can still hand quilt, but I hope it improves quickly for you.
Sue said…
sorry to hear about your wrist Frances, but luckily its not your hand quilting hand! I have been very remiss with reading blogs lately and thought I must catch up with what you are doing. Good luck with the physio!
Joy V said…
Hope your wrist improves Frances. But what a treasure Peter is - not only does he run your shop, he can quilt, cook and is a great gardener. ps - he also is a fun companion on quilting tours with all the ladies.....
Jen said…
HI,Frances, Sorry to hear the wrist is still playing up ,What a pest!! I hope it is not painful. You have a great thimble collection.Their new home is a great idea.