Christmas Stitching

The Christmas spirit came late to our home this year but finally I managed to put aside some of the sadness and pain of the last year and get on with it.  One of the big surprises was when I got the urge to finish a long time UFO of quilt-as-you-go hexagons and create the Christmas Tree Skirt which they were always meant for.  Some very late night stitching went into the final assembly of the project which now covers a multitude of cords around the base of the tree.  Thanks Sonjia for the inspiration I needed to finally finish this project.



The crib also sits on a new runner which was a QAYG hand quilted project stitched when my arm was in plaster.

The studio is now adorned with a project I designed to hang along the top of the sliding plantation shutters which has recently appeared in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 24 No 4.  This was a fun project to stitch with lots of embellishment with buttons and beads.

"Christmas Bunting" by Frances Leate AP&Q Vol 24 No 4
I would like to wish all the readers of this blog a very happy Christmas.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Karen S said…
Your tree skirt is gorgeous. It looks lovely made with all those hexagons. Glad you were able to finish it.Lovely project in the mag too.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project