Just in the nick of time

It was a close call and a joint effort yesterday but we finally managed to clear enough of the building work and debris away to add some Christmas cheer to the house.

I always love decorating the tree with all the old and familiar ornaments and baubles most of which are hand made by me and friends.  I get very nostalgic as I unwrap all these treasures and really enjoy the memories of those that I received as gifts.


The tree and nativity scene have a new home this year in the entrance foyer that Peter created earlier in the year from part of the old carport.


We also managed to find a corner in the living room (the site of the latest renovation project) for all of our favourite santas - some large and some small.


It has been an eventful year for us with the handover of the shop (now known as Cairns Create It) to Adrian and Jane and lots of building work to our home.  I think the house will always be Peter's WIP and he will always find lots to do to it and his beautiful gardens.

A very happy Christmas to all my followers and readers.
Frances




Comments

Joy V said…
The tree looks beautiful Frances. Hope both of you have had a lovely Christmas.
Radka said…
I hope you are relaxing now, Frances :-)
xx
Beautiful work Frances !
Happy New Year 2016 ! ,
hugs.....
Karen S said…
Your decorating looks wonderful. Not a bad effort when you are in the middle of renovations.
Jen said…
Hello Francis , Hope all is well with you. I guess all is packed away with the renovations happening .I wish you a Happy New Year with time to rest and enjoy your renovations and some quilting. I look forward to see some of your beautiful quilts soon . xx

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project