Collecting

At what point do you become a serious collector and not just a keen shopper?  I often think about this question as I look around our house and studio. 

There is my thimble collection which began when I had trouble finding a comfortable thimble I could hand quilt with in the tropics and so I kept adding any new one I came across to the sewing kit.  It was not long before I started adding souvenir and novelty thimbles to this collection most of which are still in boxes waiting for a special display rack to be finished.

In the last year or so I became very interested in pin cushions and seriously believe you can never have too many of these.

Another thing I have noticed lately is the number of small embroidery scissors I have managed to collect.

Now I am sure the tins that keep appearing must just be an excuse to buy chocolates or the other goodies and sewing paraphernalia they often contain.

As for these owls, well they must have just followed me home and will no doubt breed.

Just "...a few of my favourite things"!!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Joy V said…
Frances - love all your collections - I have very similar ones - did you see my thimbles on my blog. I have mine in an antique printer's tray - the little slots are just the right size.
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Clau said…
I really like your collection, congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project