Why do I read blogs?

This question has been at the back of my mind all day but I guess the answer is simply that I like to know a little about what interests people and learn a bit about their background.  I can never get enough of seeing the quilts and current projects that people are working on and the shows and exhibitions that are on in far away places.

It absolutely blows my mind that there are people out there, sometimes on the other side of the world, who are interested in some of the same things as me and it is wonderful to be able to link up with them.

If my time is at a premium I tend to pick the blogs with more photographs than text although there are some I read because the authors have a real talent with the written word.

Reading blogs can use up a lot of time and often my favourite part of the day for this is around midnight or the early hours when I can't sleep.  It does eat into the time I would usually be reading a book although these days I listen to a lot of audiobook while I am machine quilting or doing needleturn applique.  The library in Cairns is a great source of these audiobooks and at the moment I am listening to Ian Rankin's "Exit Music" - an Inspector Rebus mystery.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Joy V said…
Frances, I agree with your sentiments about reading blogs. It's a great way to learn what others in the big wide world are doing. I'm also amazed at how many are out there that enjoy the same things as I do.
ps - love the parcel you sent me....Joy
Radka said…
I must say how much I indentify with your thoughts about blogs. I am very new to blogging world, and I am surprised how much of my time it is taking up. I enjoy it very much.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project