A quilt evolves

For about six week now I have been slowly working through a Block of the Month project designed by Diane Nagle for Benartex Fabrics which will be a shop sample for Cairns Craft Centre.  I have been machine piecing blocks in between working blanket stitch applique on other blocks and chose to work the applique by hand so I could take some hand stitching with me to Sydney.  I have been working this project in between many other projects and until yesterday didn't feel any rush to get the quilt finished.

What happenend yesterday was that I decided to put some of the finished blocks up on the design wall to get an overview of where I was at and suddenly the quilt took on a whole new dimension -

So it was back to the sewing machine to make some of the missing units to fill the gaps.

The missing elements and now in place for the quilt centre so the next step is to stitch all the blocks together and then start working on the borders.  The main border is a pieced one and there will be a lot of repetitive sewing so I will be off to the Library for a new supply of audio books to amuse me while I work.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
I can see you have been busy Frances, What a nice quilt. Hope you get lots of takers to make it as a block of the month because it will be nice to see all the different colour variations that the ladies chose.
Joy V said…
Love the colours in this quilt Frances - can't wait to it finished.
Radka said…
From a few pieces of fabric comes out this lovely quilt. I find it amazing every time.
Love the colours!
Miriam said…
Beautiful work Frances. I love the pieced blocks and the mixture of piecing and applique.
Linda said…
Ah Frances, I just love this. I have a 'sister' who loves yellow!!! I too love to use yellow in my quilts. I think this one of yours is just divine, beautiful colours, excellent design.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project