Stitching by hand

"With fingers weary and worn
with eyelids heavy and red
a woman sat in unwomanly rags
plying her needle and thread
stitch! stitch! stitch!"  Thomas Hood

For the last few days I have been busy with needle and thread catching up.  The girls doing my Baltimore style quilt are in danger of catching up to me if I don't get a spurt on so I have been busy doing lots of needleturn applique.  Just another few blocks to design and sew and then it will be time to think about the setting and borders.

I must admit though that I keep being distracted by those Pies and Tarts.  Nine pie circles finished with lots and lots to go.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Lisa said…
Frances, your Baltimore blocks are beautiful! But I can see why the pies keep drawing you away. They look like so much fun.
Hola he visitado su blog y me han gustado mucho sus trbajos
Besos:Mayte
Anonymous said…
Fabulous Baltimore blocks! amazed you have any fingers left after all that applique plus those non-calorific pies and tarts. Notice that Shirley has got the pie&tart addiction too!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project