This really is addictive!!
I keep telling myself that I haven't got time to sit in front of a DVD and hand stitch when there should be steam coming out of my sewing machine with the backlog of projects waiting to be finished. Oh well I will just do a Scarlet O'Hara because after all "...tomorrow is another day".
Till next time
Frances
The finished pie count is now 6 and I am still thinking yellows for the background squares although I am biased when it comes to this favourite colour.
I am enjoying stitching with a 60 weight polyester thread called "Bottom Line" by Superior Threads as recommended by Sue Daley in her pattern. She uses this quality polyester thread because unlike a cotton thread it doesn't deteriorate when drawn across the sharp edge of the papers.
With the fine thread I am using a No. 11 Milliners needle and the only negative aspect so far is that the needle can easily unthread itself so I am pleased that I have such a fantastic needle threader at hand. The other gadget I have found handy is the Clover needle sharpener and polisher - this is very handy when you live in a tropical environment with high humidity. We normally don't have to worry about humidity at this time of year but God seems to have forgotten to bring any winter weather this year and I am missing the cooler nights when I can cuddle up with a quilt.
Till next time
Frances




Comments
Shirley.
cheers
Christine