Fun With Fabric

This week I have been cutting and sewing some fabrics from a Moda French General range and put together a quilt top which is now pinned up and ready to quilt.  This fabric had worked its way to the bottom of my current heap and when I came across it I knew instantly what I wanted to make - sorry about the mystery!!  

I had a great deal of fun selecting fabrics to cut out and prepare new pies - I am really enjoying using these contemporary fabric ranges for such traditional piecing.

Today I was sewing lots and lots of triangles using a Wilmington fabric range of soft blues with a stripe. 

Another busy but very enjoyable week stitching and playing with gorgeous fabrics - its a tough life but someone has to do it!!!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Radka said…
I am looking forward to your project using the French General range, I really like this one. I will be using it for my Christmas tablecloth BOM.
Susan said…
Oh! Pretty French General- I have some in the red and beige range which I am dying to cut into when I finally decide on a design. Look forward to seeing how this develops! Your pies and tarts looks great! Happy sewing!
Linda said…
Frances, I love these colours, and prints. I hadn't seen them until now [I don't look for patchwork fabrics so much these days - must use what I have in stock!!]. I'll be very interested to see how this 'mystery' pans out. With your expertise, it's sure to be a winner. Thank you for visiting my blog and offering such encouraging words. I do appreciate the time people take to do this.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project