Back in the Studio

After all the excitement of Christmas, New Year and a birthday it was good to get back in the Studio and get some machine quilting done.  Ever since my Mother took me to see "Gone With the Wind" when I was very young I have been fascinated with Civil War history and stories so I couldn't resist making the first block in the project offered by Barbara Brackman on her new blog  Civil War Quilts.  I am a big fan of Barbara Brackman and love her books and blog so I am looking forward to following this project and hope to keep up with the weekly blocks.  It will be fun to play with some reproduction fabrics too.
Block 1:  "Catch Me If You Can"

I have also made a quilt in the last few days as a new class project and now just need to hand stitch the binding which is a job I always enjoy doing.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

susis quilts said…
dear frances,love your catch me if you can block,i like the blue fabric in it,,hope in your area is not so much water,like in queensland,oh those poor people there.we had much snow this winter and it is melting now,but we don`t live near a big river,have a nice day, susi
Shirley said…
Here is wishing that you had a very happy birthday Frances. Love the Catch me if you can block and the fabrics look very pretty for your new class quilt. I have a little story coming up that will have you interested. Just thinking about it a bit first and how best to tell it.
Love Shirley.x
Anonymous said…
So much done already - that's focus for you! Belated birthday greetings too, it's a busy time of year for celebrations.
Susan said…
Happy Birthday! The civil war quilt will be great- lovely block! And I agree, I love hand sewing the binding down. I't my favorite part of the process!
Joy V said…
I'm a fan of Barbara Brackman also and have her new blog on my list to keep in touch with. Just might start on the blocks also.
Margaret said…
Happy Birthday All ready on the go in the new year , your quilt block looks good real good.
Elyte said…
I love your block Frances. That blue star fabric is one of my favourites and makes numerous appearances in my FWS project. Do you know what range it is from? I wouldn't mind sourcing some more of it if it is still available.
Best wishes for your birthday too.
Radka said…
A very good start to 2011! With my very best wishes and love:))
Sue said…
Yay we can do this together. I'm really excited about it, as I got in right from the start so to speak!
Good fun
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project