Congratulations Joan!

It is always exciting to see one of your own designs in print and so it must have been for Joan Taylor to not only see her beautiful quilt published as a project in the current edition of Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol. 20 No 5

"Whirls of Colour" by Joan Taylor AP&Q Vol 20 No 5
but to also see it featured on the front cover.

Joan began her quilting journey about 6 years ago in one of my Sampler Quilt classes when she machine pieced and quilted this beautiful quilt.
Joan's first Sampler Quilt designed by Frances Leate
She returned for another series of classes to learn some new techniques and made my "In the Spirit of Christmas 1" quilt with a few variations.  It took her a little longer to finish this project and she has done some lovely machine quilting on the blocks.
Joan's "In the Spirit of Christmas" quilt designed by Frances Leate
By the time she signed up for the "Colourscope" class with Peter and me she was ready to design her own quilts and made this stunning Kaleidoscope block quilt using Virginia Walton's Kaleidoscope ruler.
Joan Taylor's Kaleidoscope Quilt
Joan is a regular member of the Sunday Stitching group and I expect we will see some great show and tell from her in the coming months.  Well done Joan on having your first quilt published!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Jenny said…
What a big thrill for Joan. And just as big for you two, I'm sure, as you helped her when she first started quilting. Congratulations all round, I say!!
Susan said…
I think I like Joan's kaleidoscope quilt the best! Well done to you both!
Linda said…
What a lovely quilt Joan has made and had published. Please offer her my congratulations, and of course some has to go to you too for your encouragement and teaching. I am sure your group feel special having such talent in their midst. I like the kaleidoscope quilt design too.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to Joan, well done.

cheers
Christine
Shirley said…
Well done to you Frances for nurturing Joan's talent for such lovely work. I love sampler quilts and never tire of seeing them. Judging by the expression on Joan's face she is looking very pleased with herself and quite right too. Pleas pass on my good wishes.
Radka said…
Well done, Joan! As I said before, you must be a good teacher, Frances :)

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project