My Week

I have had a busy week but here are just a few bits and pieces.  I finished quilting and machined the binding on a soft blue baby quilt and now I just have to hand stitch the binding and finish stitching the binding on "Redlynch Village".  Next it will be time to write a few patterns - this job always ends up taking far more time than I would like as I would much prefer to be stitching.

Earlier in the week I taught a class which included strip piecing log cabin blocks and here are a couple of blocks which I managed to photograph made by Karen and Jenny.


Peter and I have invested in a lecture series entitled "How to Listen to and Understand Great Music" given by Prof. Rober Greenberg.  This makes extremely entertaining lunch time viewing and something I have enjoyed watching while stitching.

I am currently finishing a large project with a deadline but somehow I have allowed myself to be distracted by these fabrics - I must sharpen my "focus" and get back to the job in hand.

What I haven't been doing this week is working on my Civil War Blocks or Pies and Tarts - maybe I will get a chance soon to get back to these very enjoyable projects.

The weather in Cairns has been magnificent lately and I took full advantage of it this afternoon for an enjoyable 6 km walk on the Esplanade.  It is lovely watching all the bird life and the boats returning with the tourists from a day on the Great Barrier Reef.

I am still having fun and games when I try to leave comments with Blogger and I keep hoping the problem will just go away!!!

Till next time
Frances




Comments

Radka said…
Hi Frances! I love the look of the blue and yellows, I can see why got distracted :)
Also, the Redlynch Village looks nice, can we see it all? I live very close to a place called Redlynch, a small village :))
Re: comments - try to click on "post comments" again, after you tried the first time, it worked for me.
Maureen said…
Ah, so much going on! Isn't like good!
Are you using a pattern for the pies and tarts?
Shirley said…
I can't wait for the pies and tarts to resurface Frances because then I may be tempted to get mine out again and do a few more. It was seeing yours that got me started on them in the first place. Those blues and yellows are bright and uplifting. I have to click on post comments 3 times before it eventually does it.
Linda said…
You have got a lot going on at the moment Frances. So nice to hear you've taken a moment to enjoy the outdoors though. Hope the two projects will be published soon, as they both look very inviting. Those blues and yellows look so good together. I haven't had any bother so far leaving comments, but I have had dreadful Internet this week!! Take care.
Sue said…
Ahhh.. Log Cabin
One of my most favourite Blocks.
Cheers
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project