New Quilters and other goings on!

One of the highlights for me over the last couple of weeks has been introducing new quilters to the absolute delight of patchwork and quilting.  Here is Noelle's completed quilt top which she should be proud of as I think it looks absolutely stunning.

Another stunner is Barb's quilt which just needs the outer border to be stitched on.  Well done girls and I hope this is the beginning of a wonderful journey.

I also enjoyed a girls day out to visit a local quilt show at Gordonvale with Jenny and Joan.  I didn't manage photos as the strong sunlight streaming through the windows made it very difficult for me with my limited photographic skills.

I have spent a lot of time at home during the last few weeks after my flu bug turned into a very nasty cold and while stitching in the courtyard I was lucky enough to catch this Kookaburra sitting on top of the flag pole in our garden.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Susan said…
Two quite different looks from the same quilt pattern- a triumph for the teacher I think!
Linda said…
Both quilts and colourways are gorgeous Frances. Yes, both ladies should be very proud of their effots. I really do love the purple/aqua [?? monitor colour ??] combination. Very nice friends too, and thanks for such a typical Australian photo, a kookaburra atop our flag, well done.

I do hope you are feeling much better, this bug did take quite a hold on you. Take care.
Joy V said…
Love both of those quilts - so different and yet the same pattern. That's why I love quilting, no matter what pattern you do you can always make it your own. Hope this bug soon disappears.
Sue said…
Must be a great buzz for the Tutor to have such lovely results.
Take care of yourself.
Did it laugh?

I enjoyed seeing the quilts and the differences that colors can make.
Elyte said…
The girls have done a wonderful job with their quilts.
Hope you are feeling stronger.
Radka said…
Did you say the quilts were made by new ladies? They are very good, you must be a good teacher!
I hope you are feeling better now:)

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project