Looking Back

I have been sorting through some of my applique quilts today and thought I would show photos of some of these designs.  Most of these quilts have been published as projects in Australian Patchwork & Quilting and Patchwork & Stitching and are often used as class samples.  I always refer to my finished projects as "working quilts" because they are used so often in class to illustrate different techniques.  These quilts feel like part of the family and usually reside on the bed in the guest room layered one on top of the other and occasionally are hung around the house, shop or studio to give them an airing.  The light is so strong in this part of the world that I always try to rotate the quilts on the wall to try and stop any fading.


"Blooming Baskets" by Frances Leate - AP&Q Vol 18 Nos. 1, 2 & 3

"Turned to a T" by Frances Leate

"Days of Wine and Roses" by Frances Leate - AP&Q Vol 18 No. 11

"Strawberry Fields" by Frances Leate - AP&Q Vol 17 No. 10

"A Summer Place" by Frances Leate - AP&Q Vol 19 No. 7

"Welcome" by Frances Leate - P&S Vol 9 No. 5
Till next time
Frances

Comments

LuAnn said…
Gorgeous quilts Frances! I love the quilts that the Australian magazines publish...the medallion center with rounds of interesting borders around them. I think that is why I am always attracted to round robins. It would be hard to pick a favorite from all of these because they're all beautiful.
Maureen said…
Lovely quilts! The Welcome quilt is so sweet - I'm partial to daisies. I try to move my quilts about, too.
Susan said…
Lovely quilts Frances - there is such a variety in your work, I can see why they are so valuable to your teaching.
Lisa said…
They are all wonderful, Frances, but I think I like Blooming Baskets the best. I've always had a soft spot for baskets. :)
Linda said…
What a lovely array of quilts Frances. I don't get the magazine anymore, but I know my patchwork friends do. I love them all, but particularly drawn to 'Days of Wine and Roses'. I find it most spectacular, the colours. Internet very slow this afternoon, damn. I find my first quilt is quite faded now from use, despite no sun ever having shone on it except on the clothesline. I very rarely use them, not a lot of winter in Queensland is there.
Shirley said…
Lovely quilts there Frances. Hmm, can't decide on a favourite.
Elyte said…
What a stunning collection Frances. The blue and red always works for me.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project