In the Studio

I have spent a lot of time in the studio this past week or so doing lots of machine quilting on a project that has a deadline looming.  This quilt is a mixture of hand and machine piecing with a lot of the hand work stitched on travels.  It was exciting to finally put the last border on the quilt and I have been thoroughly enjoying being totally engrossed in quilting this fairly large quilt.



Quilting from the reverse side

Peter spent a lot of time sightseeing with his youngest daughter and her family who were visiting Cairns last week and on his travels found this wonderful present for me to add to my owl collection.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Maureen said…
Beautiful quilting, Frances! Nice to have a little time on your own. And you get a gift, too! Can't wait to see the completed quilt.
Susan said…
Your owl is cute! How tall is it? And look forward to seeing your latest quilt! Sounds intriguing!
Radka said…
Wow, wonderful quilting :)
Isn't your owl sweet, Frances! Lovely present :)
Jenny said…
Your quilting looks wonderful, is this quilt for you? Who is a lucky girl getting a new owl!
Linda said…
Frances, the quilt and the 'quilting' look perfect, and it will be our pleasure to see it when complete I'm sure.

What a lovely owl gift for you. Thank you for sharing your owls with us. As you know, I love them too.

Happy stitching, and take care.
Elyte said…
Your quilting looks great. Is it hard to manage such a big quilt under a little machine?
Lovely addition to your collection.
Jen said…
Hello Frances! I think the quilting is amazing.
What a lovely surprise getting the lovely glass owl to add to your colection.He has a nice face.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks