Blogger's Quilt Festival

Amy's Creative Side is having a Blogger's Quilt Festival and I thought I would join in and show off my quilt "A Summer Place".  This quilt was just meant to be a very quick Jelly Roll quilt but like Topsy it just grew.  I love all types of applique so some of that crept in as well and the more I played with the wonderful colourful fabrics the more the quilt grew.  The quilt got its name because I live in a place that enjoys Summer all year around with some times in the year just a bit more humid and tropical than other.
"A Summer Place" by Frances Leate

One of the applique blocks

I hope you enjoy this quilt and visiting all the other bloggers who have taken part.  Thank you Amy for organising this wonderful event.


Amy'sCreativeSide


Till next time
Frances

Comments

pinsandneedles said…
Pretty quilt! Summer weather all year long...I'm jealous.
Sarah said…
Your quilt is really pretty and sunny!
Unknown said…
What a happy quilt! Love the color choices. Does make me think of summer as we turn towards winter. Thanks!!!
Susan said…
Lovely quilt Frances! It glows like a summer stained glass window! A wonderful mix of colours.
trish said…
Your quilt is so sweet. :o)
Karen said…
This is a lovely quilt. I like the combination of pieced blocks and applique. The fabrics are gorgeous and I always love lots of colour.
A truly suitable quilt for the sunshine state!
Sue said…
Lovely quit Frances. Shame you aren't here with me to start a new adventure. Can't believe I am in Texas.
Linda said…
Beautiful quilt Frances, colours are fresh and zingy. Thanks for the link, I had not heard of this 'event'. Cheers.
straythreads said…
beautiful quilts such cheery colors and prints
ann
Lyanna L. said…
fun quilt -- thanks for sharing it. I like the colors and I also like your applique blocks =) great job!
Radka said…
Beautiful quilt, Frances, a real summer :)
Dawn said…
Beautiful quilt - love the applique addition.
Lynne said…
Funny how quilts will just take off on their own and design themselves. What a beaut! I really like all the colors!
Quilt Genius said…
I love the applique you did on your blocks. The colors are wonderful!

Mary
http://www.quiltgenius.com
Myra said…
Your quilt is wonderful Frances! So cheery looking! I like it! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project