Adding to the Collections

Santa was very kind to me and brought some wonderful new books for the library:  "Indigo & Sarasa" The Quilts of Shizuko Kuroha; "A History of Dutch Quilts" by An Moonen; and "The Quilters Hall of Fame" 42 Masters Who Have Shaped Our Art.  These are wonderful books and filled with lots of inspiration.

Peter is always on the prowl for new owls to add to my collection and now I have this wonderful selection to add to the owl shelf in the Studio.  I also received a lovely hexagon mug rug from Suz over at PatchworkNPlay which has an owl in the centre.

Outside the Studio there are some pineapples just ready to be picked.  All Peter has to do to grow these is plant the top part of a pineapple and wait a few months - mind you at certain times of the year I think that if we planted a stick it would grow in the warm tropical earth.

What with Christmas and preparing for classes in 2012, I had fallen behind with some of my ongoing projects but have managed to add a few more blocks to my Civil War Quilt, the Farmers Wife blocks and also the Pies and Tarts project.
Civil War Quilt blocks
Farmers Wife blocks
Pies and Tarts
Working on these projects should keep me out of mischief during the remainder of the festive season.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
Hurrah! Lovely to see the pies and tarts again, it might just shake me to make a few more of my own. My niece Megan is an avid collector of all things owl too and now I see them everywhere I go. I love fresh pineapple. Great new blocks too.
Lisa said…
So many lovely owls! Surely you will need more shelves, soon. ;) I had not heard of that Indigo book, but An's is on my list. It's hard to keep up with all the wonderful books coming out.
Maureen said…
Glad you have found some time to stitch ongoing projects. I have the Farmers Wife book, but hesitate to start!
Such thoughtful gifts! I just bought the Hall of Fame book for myself and would love to have the other two. They are on my list!
Happy New Year!
Sue said…
Lovely collection of books. Love the blocks also. I'm trying hard to catch up.
I never thought of collection owls. They look great!
Hello Frances. New collection of books. Your new addition of Owls to your collection is absolutely gorgeous as is your blocks. I often wonder what it would be like to live in the tropics and never see snow ever again. LOL Hugs Judy

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks