In the Studio

There are a lot of distractions in the studio at the moment which means I haven't had enough time to truly focus on all the Christmas quilt projects and decorations I had envisaged creating.  I added a few decorations around me so that I don't lose sight of what is only just over a week away and I really must get out and do some shopping and write my Christmas cards.

What I have been doing is playing with these fabrics and making some exciting new quilt projects for classes happening at Cairns Craft Centre in Term 1, 2012.

While checking around a few blogs I did find a link to Jenneke and her wonderful blog Building Houses from Scraps where you get to make a quilt in 2012 with 365 3" house blocks plus one larger one.  That is a block for every day of the year - how cute is that.  I just had to register and only hope I can keep up with everything else that is going on but I am always tempted by blocks with houses.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Susan said…
I've always wanted to make a house quilt, but I don't know about 365 of them!! And 3"!! I'll enjoy watching yours I think! Take care! S
Radka said…
Oh, this happens to me every year, the last minute panic! But Christmas will come!
Jenny said…
365 tiny house blocks! No way could I cope with that. Do keep us updated on your progress.
Linda said…
I just love your green metal skeleton tree Frances, so nice and neat!! The upcoming class looks interesting. I am not a great lover of 'house blocks', but have done one large quilt. I just could not hack one a day. Good luck with it. Cheers, and have a good week.
Shirley said…
I am tempted to join you Frances, all those little houses would be a great way to use up some of that stockpile of scraps that keep on growing.
Sue said…
Wow Frances - 3" houses.And,I thought I was mad doing my NI quilt!
Hopefully back to blog land now after a couple of months off.
Have a great Christmas
Kind wishes from Sue
Maureen said…
Thanks for sharing what you've been up to. I was tempted by the house blocks, too, but I know I won't keep up with it. Merry Christmas!
Hello Frances,

I found your lovely blog through Linda's. Your Wire tree is soooooooooooooooooooooo lovely and all the owls are soooooooo unique and beautiful. May I ask you what the "Offical" name of your wee "yellow Buzzy Bee" is called. I have never seen one like it. It is just tooooooooooooo wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Hugs Judy

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project