Farmers Wife and other stitching

The Farmers Wife block count is now 22 and this project is turning out to be a rather scrappy affair as I delve into my fabric stash at random.  So far no fabric has been repeated and I hope to keep following this theme.
These are the six nice and easy blocks I finished this week.  I have been machine piecing all the blocks except for the handle on the basket which was appliqued by hand.

Four little house blocks were stitched this week which brings the house count now to 11 .

Other stitching during the week saw two more little class quilts machine quilted and bound - a small step forward.  I enjoyed hand stitching the binding while watching the cricket test with the Aussies in good form.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Hello from Snowy Michigan.

Your scrappy little quilt is look great. I have the same Aussie fabrics. I look forward to seeing photos of your Aussie theme wee quilts. Hugs Judy
Radka said…
I can see that you are busy as always, Frances :)
You are doig very well with your blocks, not repeating a fabric, it is not easy.
Margaret said…
After seeing your little houses, I went over to the site -- lokked around and downloaded then saw how small the pieces were and --- thought Margaret that is not for you -- they are soooo smaaaal.
I will enjoy your quilt coming together
Elyte said…
You are making good progress on your projects. Love seeing the FW blocks made by others with the different fabric combinations.
Shirley said…
Hello Frances, good progress on the Farmer's Wife blocks. I made 2 more and now have a total of 13. Love the new houses.
Linda said…
You have been busy Frances!! Your fabrics all go well together, despite being 'scraps'. I love binding, it means the quilt is done!! Happy stitching from a lovely cool southern Queensland. Didn't the cricketers kick ******!!!!
Doniene said…
Hi Frances, Just found your blog, and the Farmer's Wife blocks caught my eye! I received the book for a Christmas gift and I've been making some of them for a Christmas sampler quilt I am making. I've converted mine to 8 inch blocks. I LOVE your blocks!! And i love that you are not repeating fabrics. Your quilt will be lovely! Your house blocks are adorable. Another sew-a-long that I'm enjoying watching, but not participating (I have too many other projects going) Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Blessings

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project