"To Have and To Hold"

Some quilts become a very important part of your life while being created and so it was with "To Have and To Hold" which was a constant travelling companion with me on trips to England, France, USA and also to southern parts of Australia.  Some sections of this quilt could be organised so portably that it has literally been stitched on planes, trains and automobiles.

"To Have and To Hold" has just been published as a project in the current edition of Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 21 No 4
"To Have and To Hold" by Frances Leate
and a really special treat was to see it featured on the cover of this magazine.  I am quoted at the beginning of the project as saying: "Take pleasure in every step of the patchwork journey, rather than rushing to the destination, and hand-piece this medallion-style quilt with its bridal themed blocks".  I can honestly say that stitching this quilt gave me immense pleasure and happy memories of the process.

"To Have and To Hold - AP&Q Vol 21 No 4

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Radka said…
Oh Frances, I like all your quilts, if only I had the time!
Susan said…
Lovely quilt and congrats in being on the cover too! You must be very proud!
Shirley said…
Wow Frances, you are a cover girl. I wholeheartedly agree with the taking time and enjoying the process.
straythreads said…
Beautiful!!!! I love pastels and baskets and congrats on being published again and on the cover!!!!
Ann
Vivian said…
This is a stunning quilt, Frances. I have a special place in my heart for all medallion quilts, and the designs and colors of this one are so lovely. How special that it can bring back warm memories, with all the places it traveled with you.
Hearty congratulations on your project being published and the cover. It's well deserved!
Linda said…
What a spectacular quilt Frances. You always use the loveliest colours!! The magazine have photographed the quilt beautifully too. Congratulations also for another cover photograph, well deserved. Your work is superb.
antique quilter said…
OH my what a beautiful quilt. Congrats for being a cover girl, well deserved!
Kathie
Sue said…
Fantastic achievement Frances it's a lovely quilt to be on the front cover.
Sue said…
Many Congrats Frances, on yet another lovely magazine featured quilt. You are very cleaver. Its a lovely quilt.
Merilyn said…
Congratulations Frances, another wonderful quilt of yours featured in our quilting magazines! Well done!!! It's a lovely piece!!!!
Jen said…
Francis how exciting to have your Beautiful quilt featured in Patchwork n Quilting .In the magazine Craft Preview issue 2 there is a full page photo of To Have and To Hold by Frances Leate. It says Will appear in: Australian Patchwork and Quilting 21/4.
What a lovely surprise to see it with your name.I was thrilled. I can send you the book if you want.
Elyte said…
Congratulations Frances. You chose beautiful colours for your lovely quilt.
Dianne said…
Hi Frances, I purchased the latest P & Q because Toowoomba Quilters had a piece in it, and I was very excited to see your beautiful quilt featured on the cover and the directions for making. Even more excited when it was hand pieced and I would so love to make it one day because your sentiment about the process of hand work really strikes a chord with me. I would love to do it in my civil war prints that I have been collecting. Congratulations - Dianne. P.S my little A4 Inland Tsunami quilt is also in this mag. Alas it was not attributed to me.