Around the Studio

Its been a fun week working in the studio and I have lots of projects to keep me amused.  I have now finished the 49 8" Pie blocks and am enjoying moving them around to find a pleasing layout.  They are up on the small design wall (an old office divider covered with pellon) and it is not in the best place for photographing but you get the idea.
In the meantime I am making some tarts to go on the intersections with five down and 31 to go.

Most of my time has been spent working on a large project commission which features fuchsia and white along with lots of other vibrant colours.

While watching television of a night I have been doing some hand piecing on another of my many projects.  I find hand pieceing to be very relaxing and therapeutic and I do this now when once I would have knitted.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
I am just off to Slimming Club and those pies are making my mouthwater they look so scrumptious. You know how much I love seeing this Frances and it is looking so good. Can't wait to see the other projects too. The purples and fuschia's are definitely my colours.
Karen said…
It's always good to see the progress you have made on these projects. Looking good!
Sue said…
Lovely Piues & Tarts Frances. Reminds me that mine are going stale in a box somewhere,LOL!
Elyte said…
You are a very busy bee Frances, always lots of lovely things to show. I like your pies and tarts - the non fattening kind!
Radka said…
I like your Pie blocks, Frances, such lovely colours.
Linda said…
The pie blocks are lovely Frances, and of course, you know how much I like yellow, so it's a winner for me. Love the fabrics in the newly prepared pieces too, as well as the sharp triangles in fuchsia/white. Thank you too for always being there to support me.
Jen said…
Hello Frances, The pie blocks are vey pretty fabrics and blend lovely together.Look foreward to seeing how you will quilt it.
Hello Frances, Your pie and tarts are truly beautiful. I love your colorways. I also enjoyed seeing a wee bit of your Autumn Garden. Lovely. Hugs Judy

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project