Sydney, Brisbane and family
After a wonderful but very busy trip south we are finally home in the beautiful Far North though somewhat exhausted from trying to fit in too much in a very short time, not to mention a few hiccups with delayed flight schedules.
The first thing on the agenda was the Quilt and Craft Show at Darling Harbour where once again the NSW Guild put on a first rate show. I was lucky enough to meet up with quite a few friends who have given me permission to show their quilts which I will do in the next post when I sort through my photos.
| Looking down on the Guild Quilt Display |
At the Craft Show it has become a tradition for us to meet up with my sisters and family and we enjoyed a wonderful day visiting lots of stalls, lunching, laughing and chatting.
![]() |
| Marie, Frances, Patricia, Maree (niece) and Margaret |
We also managed to catch up with Peter's son, daughters and grandchildren-
![]() |
| Fliss, Jude, Peter and Leif |
![]() |
| Daniel, Peter, Kaen and Patrick |
Then it was off to Brisbane where we at last got to see the V&A travelling exhibition "Quilts 1700-1935" which was absolutely fabulous. This show opened at the Brisbane Art Gallery last weekend and is on to the 22nd September and I really recommend seeing these magnificent old quilts - the photos in the book do not do them full justice and the colours in many of the quilts were so rich and vivid. My head is now bursting with so much inspiration.
While we were in Brisbane I also got to spend some time with my niece and God Daughter, Annette and also caught up with some friends.
![]() |
| Me and Annette |
Till next time
Frances





Comments