Happy Birthday Peter

It has been quite a while since I posted on this blog and my only excuse if that I have been busy with lots and lots of projects that I wasn't able to show but I couldn't let Peter big birthday pass without some comment!

His celebration has been continuing all week and today his youngest daughter in Sydney sent a lovely surprise of this hamper filled with lots of yummy goodies which was delivered a short time ago.  However Peter cut the ribbon too quickly and the balloons took off and are now stuck to the very high ceiling in the studio and we smile every time we look up.


Peter wanted a low key celebration and thought he would like a holiday in Hawaii instead so this we will be enjoying in the New Year.  To keep with the theme of the birthday I have been making a Hawaiian quilt for him but had difficulty getting an opportunity to finish the quilting when he wasn't around so had to give it to him as a UFO.

The long timers in the Sunday Stitching Group at Cairns Craft Centre made blocks to celebrate the occasion and I did manage to get that quilt finished so it could be presented to Peter last Sunday.

Till next time
Frances



Comments

Shirley said…
There! I knew it must be soon. A very happy birthday to Peter. I am sure he loves his quilt, pins and all.
Jenny said…
Yes indeed, how about some Kiwi Happy 70th Birthday wishes too for Peter.

Hawaii is great, have you been before? If not, you will just love it, and if you have, you will know it is a fabulous place. We have been twice,and would be happy to return a third time. Perhaps for my 70th in a couple of years time? That's a thought'!
Karen said…
Best wishes to Peter for a wonderful birthday. And it looks like it will go on for a while if there is a trip coming in the New Year. Fantastic!
Joy V said…
What a lovely thought of the ladies and a lovely quilt also. See his other love must be cricket!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project