"1718 Coverlet" and "To the Manor Born"

I can't believe it is August already and while I never seem to stop stitching I haven't had as many finishes of late.  Maybe one of the reasons is my preoccupation with the wonderful quilt "1718 Coverlet" which I have been making from Susan Briscoe's book.  This project is very addictive and I have been enjoying hand piecing and needleturn appliqueing the blocks.  Unfortunately I now have to put it aside for a while to get on with some more urgent projects.

At Sunday Stitching this morning we had fun with some of the quilts started in previous classes for my project "To the Manor Born".  I really love seeing how people interpret my designs and the power of colour and what a difference it can make.
"To the Manor Born" by Frances Leate
Lesleigh loves red and teal and what a difference it makes to her gorgeous entirely hand stitched quilt.  Now she just needs to finish the hand quilting.

Kathy added to the project to make a larger quilt and what a stunning result which she beautifully machine quilted on her domestic Bernina.  She now just has to add the binding to complete the quilt.

Thora shared her work in progress with us.

Till next time
Frances



Comments

Every Stitch said…
I just love your 1718 progress! hopefully you can get back to it again soon :)
Susan said…
All so lovely in their own different way!
Jenny said…
Great to see you blogging again!
One of my quilty group friends is also doing that coverlet and really enjoying it, as you are.
Shirley said…
You are making great progress on your Coverlet Frances and the colours are looking beautiful. Good luck with the urgent stitching. Your Sunday Stitchers are really doing you proud with their interpretations of your quilt.
Radka said…
Great looking quilts, again :-)
xx
Joy V said…
Love your work with the Coverlet. Again your students are doing you proud - the different interpretations of your design are fabulous.
Cheryll said…
Some beautiful quilts on display in this post. I enjoyed the eye candy.
I came over from Aussie Quilters blog. xox
Jen said…
Wow Frances, 1718 Coverlet quilt I can see why you love it. lovely fabrics. I think needleturn applique is so enjoyable . Sunday Quilters have all made their quilts so individual.
Elaine said…
Love your 1718 coverlet, I started it but was not happy with my fabric choices so it's hibernating for now!
Frances, the coverlet is smashing.....