Man at work

The studio (the large green shed in the backyard) is mezzanined and the upstairs part is Peter's domain while I work downstairs.  Peter runs the business from upstairs and has a large area with plenty of floor space for his visual filing system and this week he did some rearranging to turn part of the upstairs into his own quilting area.

Inspired by his five grandchildren and a wonderful range of fabric he designed and is busy constructing a kids quilt.  When time permits Peter usually takes an active role in the design, fabric selection and cutting of many of my quilts but in the past he has been more at home with building construction than with a sewing machine. 

Here he is taking particular care with measuring up - adopting the "measure twice cut once" principle -
Sometimes when we are in the same class at Quilting Conventions or workshops Peter does the cutting and pressing and I do the machine sewing but it needs to be quilt related for him to do ironing -
He cuts most of the kits for Cairns Craft Centre and is a dab hand with the rotary cutting (with Adrian Wolf's painting of "Audrey" watching over) -
and now at last here he is busy at his sewing machine -
While all this activity was going on upstairs I was busy in my studio finishing the quilt top I have been working on this week and while I stitched I had earphones plugged in listening to an audio book - "Killing Frost" by R D Wingfield which was a good murder mystery.
 Happy Easter everyone!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Joy V said…
Great to see someone earning his keep - but that posture at the machine....back not straight, elbows too low.....lol

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks