Sunday Stitchers

A very keen group braved Cairn's very wet conditions on Sunday to come along to the monthly get together and proudly displayed some of the projects they are currently working on.

Lesleigh, a prolific quilter, produced her interpretation of the quilt "Adrian's Puzzle" and I discussed some border options with her.  The pattern for this quilt designed by Adrian Wolf was published in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol. 17 No. 7 -
Jenny's blanket stitch applique project using beautiful Bali prints is progressing well and I think she is very happy with these wonderful blocks -
Joan had some blocks to show which she has made from the fabric she selected last month -
I brought along some very treasured possessions which have been gifts from wonderful friends.  The first is a Commemorative Panel for the 2010 V&A Quilt Exhibition and I am currently putting the finishing touches to the wall hanging I have made with this panel -
and in response to numerous requests I brought in a fabulous sewing set which a very dear friend, Kerry Ann, gave to me some years ago not long before her family moved from Cairns.  The sewing holder features Australiana fabric and has side pockets, a thimble holder, a needle book, a heart with pins, a little case for the tape measure, scissor cover and there is also a dolly which attaches to the scissors but that is currently with another project -
A very important part of the Sunday Stitching get togethers is the morning tea and here is Peter with his freshly baked scones he made that morning -
Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Peter really does look like he has his uses. Scones lovely, I hope they were served with jam and cream.
Anonymous said…
All the work looks terrific, as does the baking! So glad you have the V&A panel, look forward to seeing the wallhanging.
Peter from OZ said…
scones - but no jam or craam as it was not needed according to the adjuducators -all of them! It has now been said on two subsequent occasions that they were the best ever! They were apple and raisin.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project