Weekend in the Country

We have just spent a couple of days up on the Atherton Tablelands enjoying wonderful sights, good food and of course quilts.  One of the marvellous attractions is the Curtain Fig Tree near Yungaburra  which is surrounded by rain forest -

We spent some time driving around Lake Tinaroo and in between showers (oh well this is the wet tropics) I managed the odd photo -
Enjoyed a walk around the township of Yungaburra with its historic Federation style pub -
and saw another inpressive tree - the Cathedral Fig -

The main reason for our trip this weekend was to judge the Quilt Section in the Atherton Show.  This is the second year I have been invited to perform this task and again it was a privilege to do so.  There were some lovely quilts and it was difficult narrowing it down to one winner in some of the sections.  I was supported by a lovely group of women acting as Stewards for the Show Society and here some of them are setting up some of the exhibits:

There was not much time for shopping but I did manage to acquire a couple of sourvenirs for my thimble and owl collections -

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
You have some fascinating trees in your part of the world. Sarah and Olly climbed a Gloucester Tree whilst there last year. Glad I didn't know they were going to do it. They sent me a text after and said google it. Technology is amazing and scary at the same time. A hard decision being a judge of quilts. There are some very clever and talented people out there.
Shirley.
Radka said…
Hallo Frances! Thank you very much for following my blog and your comments. Now my holiday blog is done, I will have time to check up on my fellow bloggers, so I will be back to have a good read!
Joy V said…
What a privilege to be asked to judge a quilt show. Congrats and also love the photos of those trees.
Radka said…
Well done for being asked to be a judge at a quilt show! Thank you for showing pics of those unusual trees.