Festival Time in Cairns

The Festival of Cairns is an annual event which lasts about 3 weeks with lots of fun things happening around town.  One of these fun things is the temporary art installations along the Esplanade and there was lots for me to look at when I took my 6 km walk there yesterday afternoon.

There was "Steve the Iconic Crocodile" by Adrian Wolf, a Cairns artist who works primarily in textiles.  His pop art inspired screenprinted fabrics are a trademark of his quirky and individual style.

I just loved these little houses by Hayley Gillespie another favourite local artist.

There were lots of other fun art works -

and lanterns in the trees -

and rehearsing performers -

It was a beautiful afternoon and took me a lot longer than usual to do my regular walk as I just couldn't resist stopping for all these photos.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
Hi Frances,
What a fun walk you had. I like Steve the crocodile and his passenger.
Shirley.x
Radka said…
It looks great fun!
Nina Marie said…
wow - wish I was there - I love the little art houses - very cool!!
Kris said…
Wow! What a fantastic exhibition! You are so lucky to have such inspiration on your doorstep. (Or walk!)

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project