Looking out the Studio

There is nothing better than winter in Cairns when the sun is shining like it was today.  The beautiful weather made it difficult to settle down to machine quilting my current project and any excuse brought me out into the courtyard or gazing out of the big windows.

In the garden just outside the big sliding glass doors there are lots of pineapples growing.  When Peter cuts off the top of a pineapple he then plants it in the garden and currently we have about six at different stages of development.

I was also lucky enough today to photograph a little sunbird in the courtyard.  They are the most darling little birds and we love seeing them around the house.  I have been trying to photograph one for some months but they zip around at great speed.

Looking out the back window of the studio there are lots of tomatoes starting to ripen -

and I spotted a beautiful Hibiscus in the front garden -

but eventually I got back to the job in hand and continued on with my machine quilting.
All things considered we spent a lovely Sunday in paradise!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
It certainly does look like paradise Frances. Love that pretty bird on the feeder and the quilt looks good. I shall look forward to seeing it when you have it finished.
Shirley.
Sue said…
That pineapple looks good enough to eat and how I love that little exotic bird. Now wonder you are distracted with your sewing with all that beauty around you.
Radka said…
It is so easy to get distracted when the weather is nice, my problem all this summer!
Lovely colour of Hibiscus.
Your quilt is looking good!
Jenny said…
Paradise indeed, if you have the right conditions to grow your own pineapples! It is still a bit cool here in little old New Zealand but I'm sure Spring is just around the corner.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project