Steady progress

There have been a lot of distractions to keep me away from the Studio lately but I have managed to make some progress on the Benartex "Tried and True" quilt which I am making as a shop sample for Cairns Craft Centre for their new block of the month.

I have now assembled the centre of the quilt and added the border strips at the top and bottom -


and now I am working on the outer pieced border and then the quilt top will be complete.  While I chain piece these sections I am entertaining myself with an audio book - a good murder mystery - and the time is passing much too quickly.

At other odd moments I have managed a few more pies and appliqued the finished ones to background squares.  I decided to go with a selection of yellows and these squares will be trimmed back slightly and tarts (small pies) added to the intersections.  I always keep the pieces for a few blocks prepared so the project is always ready to pick up when an opportunity presents itself.


Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Really like your tried and true quilt Frances. Will be interesting to see the color choices that your ladies chose . Pies coming on well .
Radka said…
The quilt looks very good, it did not take very long!
Julia said…
Haven't started my P & T's yet...but I know i won't be able to put them down when i do start..
yours look great.
Julia ♥

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks