10 Things I really enjoy about quilting

I enjoy
  1. The feeling of accomplishment when I complete a quilt that has been entirely stitched by me.
  2. Sitting in front of a favourite DVD and hand stitching.
  3. Seeing how other quilters interpret my designs.
  4. That “light bulb” moment that happens when just the right idea brings all the elements of a quilt together.
  5. The look of pleasure on a novice stitcher’s face when their quilt top is completed.
  6. When a new range of fabric is the spark for inspiration.
  7. Listening to an audio book while I machine quilt.
  8. Making quilts from a wide variety of fabric and finding just the right design to suit the particular fabric style.
  9. Hand piecing while travelling on a train, coach, boat or plane.
  10. Hand stitching the binding on a completed quilt and thinking about the next project.

Comments

Shirley said…
Yes, I can identify with all of those things Frances.
Shirley.
Janet said…
I said ditto to most of your list too.I love #1 the best.
Jenny said…
Yes indeed, lots of reasons to love quilting. The start, the middle (even if it gets put away for a while) and then, the finishing touches. Then we usually start another!
Susan said…
I think of all the ones you mentioned that the last one resonates with me - love sewing the binding, knowing that a quilt is finished and, as you said, planning the next one!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project