First "Show and Tell" for 2011
All the usual suspects gathered yesterday at Cairns Craft Centre for a special "Sewing In" day to start the New Year. There was lots of talking, sewing, eating, talking, laughing and did I mention talking!!! Naturally there was show and tell for us all to enjoy.
Kathy finished stitching the binding on this gorgeous cuddle quilt she has generously made for a person she has heard of who has lost everything in the recent horrific floods in Queensland. Well done Kathy!
Peter was responsible for the food side of things during the day and kept everyone well nourished with a wonderful selection which he had prepared for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
I have finished my block 4 "Texas Tears" for Barbara Brackman's Civil War quilt and this is a project I am really enjoying and look forward to each week.
I thought I would also share with you some wonderful little paper clips I found recently which work really well with my Pie Quilt. These little clips hold the pieces in the right position without me needing to grip them with my fingers while I stitch away. Previously I was using bull dog clips but they have sharp edges which often proved to be annoying so I was pleased when I found these clips with smooth curves in the Stationery Department of a large chain store - just what I have been looking for.
Till next time
Frances
Kathy finished stitching the binding on this gorgeous cuddle quilt she has generously made for a person she has heard of who has lost everything in the recent horrific floods in Queensland. Well done Kathy!
Jenny brought along her finished quilt made from Bali fabrics for us all to ooh and aah over - we have watched the progress step by step and now it is finished and has been machine quilted by Sue Cann.
In keeping with the spirit of the day Heather brought along a real UFO that she recently found buried in her cupboard - a hexagon table centre which she has now added some more hexies to it.
Peter was responsible for the food side of things during the day and kept everyone well nourished with a wonderful selection which he had prepared for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
I have finished my block 4 "Texas Tears" for Barbara Brackman's Civil War quilt and this is a project I am really enjoying and look forward to each week.
I thought I would also share with you some wonderful little paper clips I found recently which work really well with my Pie Quilt. These little clips hold the pieces in the right position without me needing to grip them with my fingers while I stitch away. Previously I was using bull dog clips but they have sharp edges which often proved to be annoying so I was pleased when I found these clips with smooth curves in the Stationery Department of a large chain store - just what I have been looking for.
Frances

Comments
Love you BB block 4 I am behind this week with mine.
Love Shirley.x
Micki