On the Design Wall

In my Studio I am fortunate to have 3 design walls although there are times that I wish I had more with the number of projects I currently have in progress - my "focus" has been a bit dimmed this week.

Two of the design walls are the front and back of an old office divider which has been modified with the addition of a wooden frame to add extra height and then covered with a pellon sleeve.  On this design wall is a project that is desperately waiting to go up the priority list because I know what I want to do next but can never seem to find the time to do it.


On the other side is the top for a baby quilt in soft muted colours with a dash of my favourite "yellow" that is now in the queue for quilting.  Having it pinned up makes it easy to measure for wadding and backing and choose a binding.

The main design wall is positioned behind my sewing machines and goes from floor to ceiling.  I joined two lengths of pellon with the edges butted together (sewn with stitch 4 on my Bernina) and added a pocket to the top and bottom and then threaded some curtain wire with hooks through the top and one of these days I will get around to doing the same to the bottom.  Currently on this wall are my "Pies" which I am having way too much fun with and can't stop myself moving the blocks around every time I add a new one.


Today the weather in Cairns was very tropical - sunny one minute and rainy the next and sometimes it did both at the same time.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Oh to have a design wall. Love the first one and am looking forward to seeing what you are doing in the middle. Thanks for telling me what sunny tropical weather you are having. It's cold here.
susis quilts said…
dear frances, that diamond quilt looks gorgeous,will there be a sashing between the diamonds,looking forward to see it,susi
Shirley said…
I love the fabrics you are using on design wall number 1 and what a lucky baby to have such a pretty quilt but Frances those pies are still my favourite. The blue really lifts them. Cold, grey and miserable looking here but I have noticed this morning that the snowdrops are making their way out of the ground. They always cheer me up to see them.
Love Shirley.
Micki said…
Your quilts look wonderful! I don't have the room for a design wall, but love yours.
Micki
Linda said…
Hello Frances, love the diamond quilt you are working on. Your design wall certainly serves you well [double sided, how clever]. What a busy lady you are. Your colour combinations are always so lovely.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project