Three Blocks and a Quilt

 Here is my Block 5 "Kansas Troubles" for the Civil War Quilt which I had a lot of fun making.

"Kansas Troubles" - Block 5 CWQ
During the last week I have been working on blocks for various projects including some "Winding Ways" blocks which I found deeply buried in a box under my worktable.  These blocks were destined to forever be a UFO but on a whim I decided to change my quilt design and turn a double bed size quilt into a wall quilt and hey presto the quilt top is complete and the machine quilting well on the way to being finished.

For the last few days I have been feeling a bit rough (just a flu bug) so I have spent time curled up in a comfortable chair hand piecing while watching a DVD - yesterday it was "To Kill of Mockingbird".  These pink and blue pieces will be blocks for the final border on a quilt I have been making for about 18 months now which is a mixture of machine and hand piecing.  Most of the hand piecing has been done on travels but I am now keen to complete the project.

 I also managed a couple of blocks for the Pies & Tarts quilt.

Till next time
Frances 

Comments

Shirley said…
Phew Frances that looks a pretty impressive posting given that you haven't been feeling too good. Hope you are feeling much better now.
Love Shirley.x
Radka said…
I hope you are feeling better soon:) But I can see that there is no stopping you when it comes to stitching:))
Lisa said…
Wow, you've got a lot done lately. Especially compared to me! I love your colors in the #5. I have templates for Winding Ways, but who knows where they are.
Linda said…
Love the quilt blocks Frances. Can't wait to see the completed quilt [wall hanging]. Love the colours. I do hope by now you will be feeling better and able to cope with what is looming on you. Do take care.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project