A finish and a winner

I finished stitching the binding on this wall quilt today which was machine pieced and quilted and uses the Winding Ways block.  The original intention was to make a single bed sized quilt but I realised that was not going to happen so instead decided to try something a bit special with the border.  Adding a piping with a curved border was a lot fiddlier than I would have liked but it is finished now and all that is left to do is for me to decide on a name and cross this project off the UFO list.


To select the winner for the fabric giveaway, I wrote down and numbered all the names of people who left comments and sent me emails and then fired up the Random Number Generator which selected the lucky number 4 which belongs to Linda who has a lovely blog called billabongs2bling.  Thank you to everyone who entered this draw and for your support throughout my first year and a bit of blogging.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Radka said…
Congratulations, Linda!!! I am sure you will enjoy your new fabrics:))
And well done Frances for running this giveaway:)
Elyte said…
Congratulations Linda for winning such a great prize. Frances your little quilt is lovely. I like the colours you have chosen and the border was worth the time and effort.
Linda said…
Thank you so much Frances for such a wonderful give away. All fabric is welcome in my home. I LOVE fabric. I am gobsmacked to have been chosen, going through rather a purple patch with this sort of thing of late.

The winding ways quilt is just gorgeous Frances. Everything looks so neat and even, and piping gets me every time, what a lovely way to finish it.

Thank you again, especially for your friendship and encouragement.
Lisa said…
I love your quilt! And not just because purple is my favorite color! The binding really makes it special.
Micki said…
I love your quilt...It is just so stunning!
Micki

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project