I love "Red and White"

To celebrate the "Red and White" Quilt Exhibition at the American Folk Art Museum in New York, Taryn of Repro Quilt Lover is hosting a virtual "Red and White" quilt show on her bog through links to other blogs showing red and white quilts. 

This is my quilt "Seeing Red" that I made using the kaleidoscope block and which was published in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 16 No 9.  I really enjoyed designing and making this quilt and absolutely love red and white quilts.

"Seeing Red" by Frances Leate
Published in Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 16 No 9

We are not able to be in New York this year to see this amazing "Red and White" exhibition but we will certainly be there in spirit.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Nice quilt Frances. How lovely to have a quilt published- well done you.
Got to say I am getting very excited about going to the Red and White Exhibit in a couple of weeks time.
Susan said…
Lovely quilt, Frances. Red & white is such a fresh color combo, isn't it? Must head over and have a further look-no chance of getting to New York, though!
Michelle said…
That is absolutely beautiful!
Miriam said…
What a stunning red and white quilt!
I will be watching the red and white quilts from home too.
Linda said…
I love the quilt too Frances. Two colour combinations make for striking quilts, and this one is no exception. I love blocks that form a secondary pattern, especially leading the eye into circles as this one seems to do. Just love it.
KarenQuilt said…
Hello Frances, It has been such fun visiting all the Red and White quilts posted thanks to Taryn's ingenious idea of creating an on-line Gallery! Taryn so inspired me, I did a whole blog post on all my saved red and white quilt photos that I have scrounged on eBay etc over the past several years in my research. Stop by for a visit some time at Quilt History Reports at karenquilt.blogpsot.com or thequiltershalloffame.blogspot.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project