"Red and White"

The Red and White quilt exhibition is currently on in New York and to show I am there in spirit if not in person I have started a new red and white project - just a fun little quilt.  The big exhibition in New York coordinated by the American Folk Art Museum is showing 651 red and white quilts belonging to Joanna S Rose and the exhibition is called "Infinite Variety: Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts".

During the last week there has been a break in our weather and we have actually had a few fine afternoons and I have enjoyed some lovely long walks on the Esplanade.  Peaking through the clouds there was part of a rainbow visible in the photo below and I hope this is a good omen and that we will enjoy better weather than we have been experiencing for quite a long time now.


Till next time
Frances

Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful cloud pictures!!!
I can't wait til spring comes to stay!
I enjoy your blog...I get a lovely sense of time and place
Shirley said…
That is very pretty fabric you have chosen there Frances and I am sure that in the next few days we shall be seeing lots of red and white blogs.
Susan said…
Red and white is so pretty..and you can't go wrong with spots! Your little quilt is going to be lovely, I can just tell!
Sue said…
What a great idea Frances. Look forward to seeing the future blocks.
Cheers
Sue
Lisa said…
It's funny to see people swimming when I'm freezing and covered in ice!
Anonymous said…
those bloggers who are there at the 'red and white' exhibition are posting some wonderful photos for us all to see. it looks spectacular! and so creative in the way it is being presented.
i do hope you get some better weather also.
Margaret said…
A beautiful part of the country you live in, happy to hear that the storms have passed and the weather is settling down.
Linda said…
Love the crisp, clean prints on your fabrics Frances, and I'm sure your 'little' quilt will look fantastic. I hope the wet season for you will soon ease. Lovely cloud photos BTW.
Elyte said…
There is so much red and white around lately, no complaints though, it is such a lovely combinations.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Civil War Blocks