New Quilters

Today was the second class for a very keen group of new quilters at Cairns Craft Centre and it was very rewarding for me to watch them assemble their quilts - the first for many of them.  They could choose to make either a medallion or a two block quilt and I hope they enjoyed themselves as much as I did teaching the class.

The students ranged from the young to the not so young and there were some lovely colour and fabric selections to see around the room.

Karen's black, white and red quilt top looked stunning.

Mary was so keen after the first class that she rushed home and finished her quilt adding a few extra borders.  It was even quilted and bound.

Andrea's Star is now waiting for its final border.

There was some serious work happening here.
As is always the way, the camera ran out of battery before I could photograph more of the finished quilt tops so I hope I get a chance to do so when they are finished.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Radka said…
All I can say is that they had a very good teacher, some great results for the "firsts".
Well done to all!
Shirley said…
You have worked your magic Frances and now we have a few more recruits to this wonderful craft. I shall look forward to seeing more of their work in the future. Please pass on my good wishes to your ladies.
Love Shirley.x
Linda said…
What great pupils, must the the teacher....... Love the black/white/red one, but all in all the colour and design choices are great. Nice to see you ladies in lighter clothing. I am sure you will have many more recruits soon, now that the rainy weather seems to have gone. Hope all is well with you.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project