Sunday Stitchers Show and Tell


Well it was that time of the month and the Sunday Stitchers gathered at Cairns Craft Centre this morning.  Amidst lots of fun and laughter, not to mention enjoying Peter's blueberry muffins, there was some lovely work for us all to enjoy.

Kathy brought along her version of the Pies and Tarts quilt so that we could see a full view of the quilt and I think it is absolutely stunning and I just love the border.


Jenny has been busy with the red and white cup quilt and it has now been appliqued and a border added and is ready to be layered and quilted.

Jenny couldn't resist this bag and I must admit I can relate to the sentiment being somewhat housework challenged myself.

Kathy had this delightful bag for carrying a mug which she embroidered on front and back.

and Joan has made a delightful little mug mat to give as a gift.

I have also been busy but I will keep this for a later post.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Shirley said…
Frances you just keep confirming what a talented group of ladies you have there but I am not sure if they come for the stitching or Peter's cooking. Lovely show and tell.
Susan said…
I love what Kathy has done with her Pies and Tarts! I kind of wish I had done something like that with mine! It;s great!
Margaret said…
Great day had by all, I do like the red and white quilt, Someting about certain colour combinations/
Joy V said…
Love Kathy's Pies and Tarts - what a great way to put it together.
Radka said…
Yet again, some very good work, Frances, but I love "Pies and Tarts"!
Maureen said…
Love what Kathy did with her pies and tarts! Thanks for sharing all these lovely projects. What great inspiration. Can't wait to see what you've been working on.
Linda said…
Hi Frances, I missed this yesterday, sorry. Love the Pies & Tarts quilt, that border treatment works so well, and the little squares going through the entire body of the quilt really give it rhythm. I am sure my son would become a serious quilter if promised blueberry muffins each meeting day!! Love the little bags, and the 'housework' one strikes a chord here too..........LOL.... So nice to see your ladies allowing their work to be shared, always a delight.
Jen said…
Hello Frances, All the ladies are so clever.Love the show and tell posts from them. I also can relate to the 'housework bag'. There is a saying I like, 'Quilting forever, Housework whenever'.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project