A Tropical Christmas

At last, the house is clean, the presents are all wrapped and some last minute decorations have been hung so its time to sit down and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!  I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my loyal followers and everyone who takes the time to read this blog and hope you all have a very happy festive season.

This morning while having breakfast we got the rare opportunity to watch a Blue Ullysses butterfly hover in this red bush outside the window for a quite a long time.  Usually these vivid blue butterflies just do a very quick flit through the garden and disappear before I can get out the camera, but today we had lots of time to fully appreciate its beauty.

It has truly been a lovely day and we decided to have lunch in town on the Marina Boardwalk at a favourite spot.  It was quite novel the way they served the fish and chips in what looked like newspaper.

As it was a balmy tropical night  we enjoyed a pre dinner cleansing ale in the courtyard before tackling those last minute preparations for the big day.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
Merry Christmas to you and Peter,
Fish and chips out of paper was always the traditional way that they were served from fish and chip shops when I was a child. We have moved on from that now days. I guess health and safety issue's

Funny to think of you enjoying Christmas in the sunshine.

Hope 2012 is a good one for you.
Sue
LesQuilts said…
Merry Christmas to you Frances and your family and all the best in the New Year!
You are probably in the relaxation mode of after Christmas Dinner!
At this time, it is morning, Christmas Eve, I'm working on getting my 25 lb (11.35 kg) turkey in the oven to cook today, so I don't have to do it tomorrow!
Take care, Leslie
Merry Christmas Frances, Loved seeing the photos of your Tropical Christmas. HugsJudy
Susan said…
Merry Christmas Frances! I hope your day is special and full of love and laughter! Suz x
Margaret said…
Nature is spectacular in colour, wether is be insect, bird sunset, flowers , beauty all around makes you feel good. Enjoy your Christmas Blessings Margaret
Shirley said…
Happy Christmas Frances, may you and Peter have a great 2012.
Miriam said…
Merry Christmas Frances.

The butterfly is beautiful!
Linda said…
Hello Frances, sorry to be only getting to this now. I haven't even had the computer on for two days!! I hope you are feeling rested and happy after a relaxing day. Your tree and decorations look lovely, and I do love the presentation of the fish 'n chips. Oh, BTW, I just love that butterfly, we don't see them here. Looking forward to a big 2012, cheers.

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project