"Floral Marathon" in print

In the current issue of Australian Patchwork & Quilting Vol 21 No 2, which we only received today, is my project "Floral Marathon".  Sometimes I agonise for a long time over what to make with a certain piece of fabric but another time an idea instantly springs to mind and in this case it was a quick and easy bed or table runner.  This was fabric with a large floral design and I hated the idea of cutting it up into small pieces so it became a runner which fits a king size bed.

"Floral Marathon" by Frances Leate - AP&Q Vol 21 No 2

The Farmers Wife blocks have also captured my attention over the last few days and here are nine more blocks which takes my block count to 31.

On Sunday my first class for the year was held at Cairns Craft Centre and a very keen and industrious group tackled a mini quilt with curved piecing.  I hope we get to see some of the results later in the Sunday Stitching Show and Tell.

There is still time to leave a comment for the Giveaway draw on  Thursday, Australia Day.

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Radka said…
Your "Floral Marathon" is lovely, Frances, simple, but beautiful :)Fantastic fabrics!
Susan said…
31 FW blocks and a magazine publication! You are having a great week Frances! Well done!
Joy V said…
Haven't got my copy of AP&Q yet. Looking forward to seeing it.
Just love the way you have spaced the ladies in your class - looks like they have plenty of room, to cut, short etc. I find it very difficult to work when everyone is sitting on top of each other - generally don't go back to that particular place for a class.
Linda said…
Such a great way to use fabric with larger patterning, Frances. I really like it, and congratulations yet again for having so many wonderful designs published in APQ. You are certainly making headway with the FW blocks, they all look fantastic. I can't wait to see what the Sunday girls are making, love curved piecing. Cheers.
LuAnn said…
Congratulations on your bed runner being featured in AP & Q. That magazine is often hard to come by here, but I will be watching for a copy of it. The runner is just beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project