New Year Stitching

There has been plenty of stitching going on here at Quilting Owl Studio and I have my first three "Building Little Houses from Scraps" blocks to show you.  I decided to hand piece these little blocks and have prepared a few more so they are ready to stitch on the go.

These 3 inch little blocks are fun to make and you can get the pattern from Jenneke by clicking on the button on my sidebar.  I always knew there was a reason why I saved all those little bits of fabric and I have been tossing them all into a big basket to use in this addictive project.

There has also been some serious machine quilting going on and I have just finished quilting this little quilt for the first class of the year at Cairns Craft Centre.
Quilting "All Points"

Till next time
Frances

Comments

Sue said…
I'm seeing these little house blocks popping up all over blog world.
A new housing estate is being built daily and what a way to use up all these small scraps that you can't bear to part with.

Your machine quilting looks very good from where I am sitting. Nice new project for the new year.
Jora said…
Hi! I just love your little houses and I'll certainly be back to see more.. Happy building!
Joy V said…
I wasn't going to join in the 'Housing Project' but having seen yours and a lot of others out there I don't think I can resist...
Hand sewing would make it a very portable project and I may even foundation piece, which would allow me to use even more of my scraps....
Taryn said…
I love your little houses. Did you make templates for them? If so, will you share what you used? Plastic or cardboard? I want to get started on this project and plan on hand piecing. It is the most portable method.
Radka said…
I can see also from other blogs that the little houses are all in :))
I love the blue quilt!
Dawn said…
Love your little houses! I completed my second yesterday and have started cutting ahead. I will have fabric repeats in mine.
Great machine quilting!
Thank you for sharing.
Shirley said…
If only we could solve the world's housing shortage as easily as we can whip up these little blocks. Well done Frances.
Susan said…
Lovely little houses! 3"- amazing! This is going to make the sweetest quilt!
Linda said…
You sound so enthusiastic about your little houses Frances. They are really cute, and it seems so many ladies are rapt in them. Good luck to you all as you stitch them. I just love the blue quilt, looks like a beauty - very 'Reefy'.
Margaret said…
After making two hexie quilts I am back onto hand piecing and I think I am enjoying it. I do like the litle houses.
Vivian said…
Your little houses are sweet. Well done. It's so nice to have a hand sewing project ready to grab and go, when the opportunity for sitting and sewing is in the future.
I have an idea that you'll keep up with the one-a-day goal. You're such an organized lady.
Janet said…
Your little houses are so charming! Perfect for using that basketful of lovely scraps :0)
Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love your blog! I am a quilter/crafter and I would like to invite you to visit my quilt blog!
www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
Yours, Ulla
(Ulla's Quilt World)

Popular posts from this blog

Pickle Dish, DWR and friends

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Quilt Patterns on Cosy Project